Startle, the Online Home of Forbes Travel Guide
Discover the most outstanding places
Don't miss the exclusive deals, insider access and expert travel advice available to our members. Join us.Create Account
Featured PropertiesVIEW ALL AWARD WINNERS
- Orange County
Studio is a Five-Star restaurant in the heart of Laguna Beach, and it represents spectacular California seaside dining at its best. It’s located at the Montage Laguna Beach resort and has become a culinary destination for foodies and locals alike. Here are five other things you should know about this fine dining hotspot:
1. The menu changes often. Renowned chef Craig Strong likes to stick with seasonal ingredients at his high-class haunt, which results in a menu that’s constantly changing and always intriguing.
2. The outdoor seating is prime. Sure, the inside of Studio is beautiful with floor-to-ceiling windows and wide-open patio doors, but the real star is the outdoor space. Atop a bluff overlooking the Pacific, the patio offers postcard perfect views night after night.
3. It’s very romantic. From the sweeping vistas to the shared dishes and top-notch wines, Studio provides the ultimate atmosphere for romance.
4. You should leave your kids at home. Children are welcome here, but unless your little ones are extremely mature eaters, they won’t find many items on the menu that will please them.
5. Flip-flops are a no-no. Even though the restaurant is in the heart of laidback Laguna Beach, flip-flops and board shorts are not welcome here. Throw on some high-style business casual attire (jackets and ties are not required for men) and enjoy a relaxed but elegant night at Studio.
Indulge in one of Macau's finest restaurants after a day spent exploring the city's history. You won't be disappointed by the Portuguese cuisine and spectacular views, and neither will your date. Il Vida Rica Restaurant reflects Mandarin Oriental's glamour; Robuchon au Dôme comes from one of the most famous chefs in the world and mezza9 appeals to all of your tastes. Don Alfonso 1890 at Grand Lisboa brings Italy to Asia and you can see all of Macau from inside the 360-degree café in Macau Tower.
1. Il Vida Rica Restaurant in Mandarin Oriental, Macau feels like an eatery that belongs in an exotic palace. Gray walls with accents of deep purple and off-white create a luxe backdrop for the stylish restaurant. If the general vibes weren't romantic enough, how about the floor-to-ceiling windows that provide incredible vistas of the South China Sea and Nam Van Lake? The cuisine is Chinese meets Western with a twist, which leads to memorable dishes like grass fed New Zealand lamb with shallots, herbs crusted saddle, white wine risotto and pumpkin.
2. Superstar Joël Rubuchon's restaurant has been the pinnacle of dining in Macau for ages — or at least since it opened in 2001. Formerly Robuchon A Galera, Robuchon au Dôme changed its name when it moved to the dome crowning Grand Lisboa's casino. The restaurant has more than 3,000 wine labels on hand, any of which go great with the immaculate French haute cuisine that comes out of the kitchen at the hands of polite and prompt service. A meal here isn't cheap, as you can guess, but the tab will be less than a similar meal in Hong Kong, so order a prix-fixe lunch and enjoy.
3. One award-winning mezza9 already exists, and that's the one in Grand Hyatt Singapore. The next one came to Grand Hyatt Macau, and is as lavish as its counterpart. The menu here is multifaceted, offering Macanese fare, sushi and sashimi, and even a delicatessen, pâtisserie and a bar and wine cellar. You can also choose to dine inside, which is dim and lit by giant round lanterns or the outdoor terrace, which we find more to be more intimate.
4. Don Alfonso 1890 at Grand Lisboa is a lavishly decorated Italian restaurant that serves produce (such as tomatoes and lemons) that's flown in three times a week from a private farm in southern Italy. And it's not just the produce that's special. From the olive oil to the pasta, everything that touches a plate is organic. It's no surprise then that you'll taste and feel the freshness in dishes such as the lobster salad with buffalo mozzarella, arugula and Parmigiano cheese.
5. You can see all of Macau from the floor-to-ceiling windows in the aptly named 360-degree café in Macau Tower, arguably the best setting for wining and dining in the city. Indian and Portuguese buffets are served at this contemporary eatery, and high tea set is at 3:30 p.m.
Work It Out
Hiapsi Spa in Tucson offers a wide range of treatments, so to help you plan your spa day, here are the five best treatments at Casino Del Sol resort’s luxury spa.
1. The Desert Heat Body Package can be for one person or as a couples treatment. It starts with a desert stone massage followed by a full body application of warm desert mud to help release toxins.
2. Another luxurious treatment at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa is the Golden Sol Body Treatment which features a gentle mesquite honey scrub to exfoliate rough skin and prep it for the Golden Sol Mud treatment — a mineral replenishing mud mask applied to the body.
3. The best facial at Hiapsi spa is a Bio-Energetic Fusion Facial that incorporates pumpkin enzymes to help exfoliate skin and jump start circulation. Following the enzyme portion, moisture is restored to the skin through the use of organic oils that have been combined with natural herbs in an ancient Native American sun ritual.
4. To get to a completely relaxed state at the Tuscon spa, nothing does the trick quite like a massage. The Dream Weaver Aromatherapy Massage is a personalized treatment that includes the use of the soothing aromatic oil of your choice. You can choose a 50- or 80-minute session.
5. Robust coffee aroma will help stimulate circulation and the mind during a Café Latte Scrub. The creamy soothing scrub gently exfoliates away dry skin, leaving your body feeling soft, refreshed and invigorated.