There are so many things to do in the Live Music Capital of the World and staying at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, you’re in the middle of it all. From hiking through the Greenbelt and music festivals to North America’s largest urban Mexican free-tailed bat colony and Matthew McConaughey, you won’t be bored. Here are five things to keep in mind when packing for your trip to Austin:
1. Bathing suit. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel has a pool just a few steps from Lady Bird Lake, or Town Lake according to the locals. The weather is mild year-round, but come summer — and balmy days — you’ll want to spend most of your time poolside.
2. Sneakers. As one of the most fitness-oriented cities we’ve visited, you won’t want to leave home without your trusty sneakers. Whether you are exploring University of Texas’ massive campus or jogging around Town Lake, sneakers are a must.
3. A hefty appetite. The city is spotted with all kinds of restaurants, not to mention Four Seasons Austin is home to Trio, a delicious steakhouse. From food trucks to divine sushi at Uchi, Austin is filled with a plethora of eateries, all of which are worth a visit.
4. Camera. The luxury hotel is just steps away from Congress Avenue Bridge, where 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats escape into the dusk each night. It’s one of the most popular things to see in Austin and snapping a few photos will give you plenty of bragging rights.
5. Jeans. A cross between a college town and a music center, Austin is as laidback as it gets when it comes to attire. You’ll fit right in with a good pair of jeans — if you really want to play the part, pack your cowboy boots.