On September 18Sandy Murphy answered the question:Shopping is a way of life in Los Angeles. Some of the best spots include Rodeo Drive in posh Beverly Hills, Robertson Boulevard in West Hollywood, Melrose Avenue, The Grove, Santa Monica Place and Third Street Promenade, and Westfield Century City Mall (an AMC theater is also inside).
On May 17, 2012Sandy Murphy answered the question:Despite its glamour and glitz, Los Angeles is a surprisingly kid-friendly spot, filled with restaurants that are ideal for a family meal. Chain restaurants like The Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen and Johnny Rockets are always safe bets. The Farm of Beverly Hills and the Westfield Century City Mall food court are also worth checking out.
On May 17, 2012Sandy Murphy answered the question:For the sports-obsessed, Los Angeles is filled with spots to watch your favorite City of Angels team play. Head to Dodgers Stadium for some baseball, the Home Depot Center for a soccer match, the Santa Anita Racetrack, or the iconic Staples Center, home to the Lakers and Clippers.
On May 17, 2012Sandy Murphy answered the question:Los Angeles is home to a number of music spots, both iconic and up-and-coming — it all depends on what you want to hear. Some of the city’s best gems are the Hollywood Bowl, the L.A. Philharmonic and the Los Angeles Music Center (home to the Walt Disney Concert Hall and Dorothy Chandler Pavilion). Also worth checking out are the Greek Theater (seats 5,700) and the Nokia Theater, adjacent to the stunning Grammy Museum.
On May 17, 2012Sandy Murphy answered the question:There are several Four- and Five-Star hotels in Beverly Hills, including the Beverly Hilton, the Beverly Hills Hotel, Hotel Bel-Air, the Montage, the Beverly Wilshire (a Four Seasons Hotel), the Luxe Hotel Rodeo Drive, and The Peninsula.
On May 17, 2012Sandy Murphy answered the question:Los Angeles is filled with museums. We recommend checking out the Grammy Museum, the Hollywood Museum, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Getty Center, the Hammer Museum and the Annenberg Space for Photography.
On May 17, 2012Sandy Murphy answered the question:The Los Angeles cultural scene spans thrilling seasons of the Los Angeles Philharmonic at Walt Disney Concert Hall to modern museums, such as the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and the Getty Center. The city also has some cultural treasure-troves in Beverly Hills, including the Paley Center for Media and the Samuel Goldwyn Theater at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which both hold screenings. Promising even more cultural programming is the forthcoming Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts.
On May 17, 2012Sandy Murphy answered the question:Free” and “Los Angeles” aren’t phrases that you’d typically put together, but there are several ways to experience Los Angeles without putting a dent in your wallet.
1. Take a trolley tour of Beverly Hills.
2. Go window shopping on iconic Rodeo Drive, and take a snapshot at 2 Rodeo, which overlooks Wilshire Boulevard — a spot immortalized in Pretty Woman, starring Julia Roberts and Richard Gere.
3. Cruise down the Pacific Coast Highway, the signature drive that hugs the Los Angeles coastline.
4. See a movie at the Beverly Hilton, which hosts drive-in movies in the summer.
5. Visit Madame Tussauds wax museum in Hollywood.
On May 17, 2012Sandy Murphy answered the question:There are a surprising amount of couple-centric activities in Los Angeles and its surrounding areas, so if you’re in town for a romantic vacation, here are a few things to take advantage of.
1. Go for a hike in one of the area’s many regional parks at sunset, or go for a horseback ride in the mountains.
2. What’s more romantic than an oceanfront stroll and a picnic? Check out gorgeous Paradise Cove.
3. Experience Los Angeles from above, and take a sunset helicopter ride over the city while sipping on Champagne.
4. Share a romantic dinner at Yamashiro in Hollywood, which provides stunning views of Los Angeles.
5. Charter a sailboat or yacht for a brunch or dinner cruise.
On May 17, 2012Sandy Murphy answered the question:Despite its sophisticated reputation, Los Angeles is a surprisingly kid-friendly destination, so parents can rest easy knowing that there are plenty of ways their young ones can keep busy and entertained while in the City of Angels.
1. Take a tour of one or more of the many TV and movie studios in L.A.
2. Head to the gorgeous Santa Monica Pier, which features a solar-powered Ferris wheel, carousel, arcade, bumper cars, trapeze and copious amounts of cotton candy and popcorn.
3. Los Angeles is home to a number of exciting and kid-friendly theme parks, such as Disneyland, Six Flags Magic Mountain and Knott’s Berry Farm, just to name a few.
4. Restored by Disney, the El Capitan Theatre, located across from the Hollywood and Highland Center, offers special presentations of the studio’s animated releases combined with performances for kids.
5. Visit the California Science Center, filled with hands-on stuff to build, baby chicks to watch, and cool experiments. You can watch an eye-opening IMAX movie, too.
On May 17, 2012Sandy Murphy answered the question:It’s hard to pick just five of the best things to experience in Los Angeles, but if we had to choose, we recommend taking advantage of all the star-studded activities this glamourous town has to offer.
1. Go for a shopping (or window-shopping) spree on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.
2. Take a tour of some of the most iconic celebrity homes.
3. Go star-gazing in Hollywood, and check out the Hollywood and Highland Center, home to the Oscars ceremony each year. The area also boasts several shops, as well as the new Cirque du Soleil show. Take a stroll on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, famous for its celebrity handprints embedded in the sidewalks along the 15 blocks of Hollywood Boulevard. Rub shoulders with the wax versions of your favorite stars at Madame Tussauds Hollywood. See the iconic “Hollywood” sign from Griffith Park, the largest urban park in America, where you can hike, picnic, golf and ride horses. The park’s observatory is home to one of the country’s best planetariums.
4. Attend a studio taping of one of your favorite shows, such as American Idol, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
5. Take a tour of one of the many studios in L.A. such as NBC, Paramount, Sony, Universal and Warner Bros.
The Beverly Hilton
Beverly Hills, CA, USA
Murphy is a hospitality career veteran with over 25 years of dedicated hospitality service. She oversees all aspects of the legendary 9-acre resort inclusive of 569-contemporary accommodations and 60,000 square feet of indoor/outdoor event space which is home to numerous notable elite meetings and televised red carpet events. Murphy has held senior level management positions within Hilton worldwide. Prior to The Beverly Hilton, Murphy served as Area Vice President in Northern and Southern California.