If you’re heading to InterContinental Hong Kong, here are the five things you should know before you go:
1. Book a harborside view room. You’ll love taking in the view in the morning and at night of Victoria Harbour through the large windows. Your room will also provide a great view of the Symphony of Lights, if you don’t feel like venturing outside to the waterfront.
2. Hong Kong water is not suitable for drinking. So, the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel provides bottles of water daily, which are refreshed at turndown and during daily housekeeping. You’ll have plenty of fresh drinking water.
3. There’s a butler service button. If you’re in need of anything — you forgot a razor, you need to order room service or you need help arranging a taxi — just touch the butler button on the wall panel and a personal butler will come to assist you.
4. Complimentary yoga and tai chi classes. Start your day right with a little stretching and meditation on the pool terrace. Yoga and tai chi classes are offered daily for guests.
5. Location. InterContinental Hong Kong is located on the Kowloon side of the city, so you’ll be within walking distance of some fabulous shopping (and we mean fabulous), Kowloon Park and tons of great dining options. But keep in mind that you can’t cross Salisbury Road on foot; you have to use an underground walkway. (It took us a few minutes to realize this when we wanted to venture out on foot.)