Perched on 18 lush acres in the bustling Bayou City, The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa feels like it’s a world away. Sure you may feel like you are miles from civilization, but you are in the heart of the most posh part of town. In fact, you are less than a mile to the busy 610 Loop. There’s a lot to love about this Houston hotel, but here are our favorite things about The Houstonian:
1. The gym. We can’t even compare your average hotel gym to the gym at the Houstonian. As a private club for much of the city of Houston, the gym is out of this world amazing. We’re talking 175,000 square feet of fitness wonderland. With 250 state-of-the art cardio and strength training machines, you’ll likely find that The Houstonian Club is nicer than your gym at home. It’s consistently ranked as one the top fitness clubs in the nation.
2. Trellis. Just steps from the lobby is the hotel’s Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa, Trellis, The Spa at The Houstonian. With 21 treatment rooms and a full salon, you can’t go wrong choosing to relax here. Lounge by the saltwater indoor float pool with a glass of citrus-infused water, or indulge in the endless array of treatments. Slipping into the tranquil world of relaxation doesn’t get much better than a treatment at Trellis.
3. Décor. From the rustic fireplace in the lobby to the mahogany accented walls, the décor pays homage to all things Texan. While at first the lobby atrium of this luxury hotel feels a bit like a hunting lodge, you’ll quickly appreciate the easy elegance in the overstuffed sofas and the regal staircase.
4. Pools. It’s hard to beat the Houston heat without taking a dip in the pool. The pool at this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel takes advantage of their lush, wooded property by featuring not one but three pristine outdoor pools. With a top-notch lap pool complete with anti-wave lane lines, a resort pool boasting a 32-foot slide through the rock-scape and a tranquilly therapeutic garden pool, this resort has an aquatic escape for everyone.
5. Location. Hidden from the hectic life of the country’s fourth largest city, The Houstonian certainly feels like it is in a remote location. That’s the beauty of this resort; it feels a million miles away, but in reality you are less than a mile from the 610 Loop, minutes from the shopping mecca of the Galleria and a short drive from Houston’s financial district.