When Bartolotta Ristorante di Mare opened with Wynn Las Vegas in 2004, it raised the standard for eating seafood in Las Vegas. Here are five reasons why:
1. All of the seafood at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant is sourced straight from the waters of the Mediterranean. Chef Paul Bartolotta has commissioned his own fishermen and fishmongers in that region to procure seafood specifically for this Las Vegas restaurant.
2. The seafood is caught, packed into ice in FedEx boxes and shipped immediately to Vegas. The fish that arrives on your plate has been out of Mediterranean waters for no more than 30 to 36 hours.
3. Chef Bartolotta’s menu reflects his upbringing in Italy. Dishes are prepared simply, with little adornment, sometimes flavored with just a touch of olive oil and lemon, so the true flavor of the seafood stands out.
4. Bartolotta is a gorgeous, two-level restaurant with a fantastic view of Wynn’s lagoon. You can even dine outside in the cabanas when the weather permits.
5. Fresh pastas are made in-house, some even by hand and to order.