While Hotel Bel-Air feels secluded and worlds away from busy city life, the excitement and energy of Los Angeles are actually just minutes away. Our Forbes Travel Guide editor’s five favorite things to do and see near the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel include:
1. The glamorous Rodeo Drive: In the heart of Beverly Hills, you’ll find three famous shopping blocks lined with designer boutiques and dozens of restaurants with sidewalk seating.
2. The scenic Will Rogers State Park: Visit Will Rogers State Park to tour the historic Rogers Ranch, then hike on foot or horseback through the Santa Monica mountains.
3. The gorgeous oceanfront: Stroll down the boardwalk at the world-famous Santa Monica Pier or explore the rocky cliffs and private coves along the Malibu coast.
4. The well-curated Getty: The J. Paul Getty Museum at the Getty Center in Los Angeles is as famous for its architecture, gardens and stunning views as it is for its collection of European paintings, drawings and sculptures.
5. The epic Hollywood Bowl: The outdoor amphitheater hosts musical acts of all genres — from the Los Angeles Philharmonic to The Beach Boys and Barry Manilow. Bring a picnic dinner or choose from an array of fine alfresco, pre-concert dining.