Star chef Scott Conant is at the helm of Scarpetta, a buzzy restaurant located in the heart of Beverly Hills' Golden Triangle district. Here are five things to know about the Four-Star eatery:
1. The cuisine is Italian. Conant uses fresh, seasonal ingredients year-round to create authentic Italian dishes with rich flavors, such as his signature spaghetti dish made with tomato and basil.
2. The location is key. Scarpetta is tucked inside the Mediterranean-inspired Five-Star Montage Beverly Hills hotel, located at 225 N. Cannon Dr. Its double-height windows overlook the Beverly Canon Gardens.
3. The service is superb. The observant wait staff allows you the time and the space (no hovering around tables here) to enjoy your meal.
4. The wine list is mostly Italian. Bottles from Tuscany, Sicily and Veneto make up the bulk of the list and enhance the authentic Italian cuisine served here. And just as the dishes change seasonally, so do the wine selections.
5. The restaurant isn't the first Scarpetta. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it — Conant's first Scarpetta in New York was such an instant success, the star chef was able to expand his concept of modern Italian food across North America. The Beverly Hills location is his fourth iteration.