With its wealth of outdoor activities, you’ll find much to enjoy at Turnberry Isle Miami. Here are the best things about the hotel:
1. Beautiful golf courses. Originally designed by Robert Jones Trent, Sr., and then refashioned by Raymond Floyd, the two 18-hole PGA championship golf courses feature bright green paspalum fairways, doglegs and impressive water features, including a spectacular waterfall.
2. The Laguna Pool. The main swimming pool at the resort is designed with a lazy river where you can go tubing and a 180-foot winding water slide — perfect for families with kids and the young at heart.
3. Bourbon Steak. You’ll find tasty burgers and delicious steaks at this outpost of Michael Mina’s modern steakhouse located just off the lobby.
4. Tropical gardens. Florida didn’t get its “Flowery Land” name for nothing. Boasting verdant gardens dotted with banana and palm trees, birds of paradise, and a chef’s herb garden, the grounds at Turnberry Isle Miami are a sight to behold.
5. Spa & Fitness Center. The 25,000-square-foot building located near the resort’s entrance offers one of the best resort gyms we’ve visited, with a variety of equipment from treadmills to rowing machines, morning spinning and yoga classes, and even an onsite café where you can down a protein shake post-workout.