Located in the heart of Manhattan’s bustling Midtown, The Peninsula New York is an elegant and upscale hotel where you can get away from it all or explore a wealth of shopping and cultural activities. The Five-Star New York hotel offers a lot of perks, but we’ve rounded up the five things we love most:
1. Location, location, location. If you want to see all that Manhattan has to offer, staying at The Peninsula New York is a great way to do it. Located on Fifth Avenue at 55th Street, the hotel is a short walk from famous boutiques and department stores, including the landmark Saks Fifth Avenue. You can also visit Central Park or the numerous museums along New York’s Museum Mile — starting with the must-see Museum of Modern Art, a five-minute walk from the hotel.
2. In a city filled with luxury hotels, it’s hard to impress us with a bathroom, but we think the rooms at The Peninsula New York have some of the most elegant and spacious in the city. Outfitted in white marble with black granite countertops, bathrooms feature a relaxing deep-soaking tub, separate shower and separate toilet. There’s also a flat-screen television and speakerphone system that lets you take calls while soaking.
3. We love high-tech gadgets, but not when they’re too complicated to use. Luckily, The Peninsula New York blends style and sophistication with convenience, making in-room technology accessible. In addition to staples like a flat-screen TV, a DVD player and an iPod docking station, you’ll find an easy-to-use bedside panel that controls the lights, music, temperature, privacy signs and television, all from the comfort of your bed.
4. There’s perhaps no better way to spend an afternoon than relaxing at the hotel in a chaise lounge, poolside. You’ll feel like you’re at the country club, with the added caveat of a view of Fifth Avenue from the 22nd floor of the hotel. The pool is heated to a warm 84 F, and the hotel provides you with armchairs, towels and pillows. In the summer, lounge on the sun deck — a rarity in New York.
5. Though you’ll find numerous fine dining options near the hotel, you don’t have to leave to find great food and drinks. At Fives, try the popular Chinese breakfast with rice porridge, dried pork and stir-fried egg noodles. Or head to Salon de Ning, the trendy rooftop lounge that takes its style cues from 1930s Shanghai, and order a signature Blueberry Sling cocktail, made with blueberry Pearl Vodka, Chambord black raspberry liqueur, sour mix, fresh mint leaves and club soda. It’s the perfect way to unwind at the luxury hotel.