The delightful thing about The Umstead Hotel and Spa is that you can visit multiple times and always discover something new. Here are five additional details about the Five-Star hotel that you should know.
1. If you appreciate the arts, you’ll appreciate The Umstead. Those who love paintings, sculptures and music may find themselves lingering a bit longer in the hallways.
2. Even though the hotel is family-friendly, it’s not the best place to bring kids. You’ll have access to kids’ menus and cribs, but the elegant atmosphere might be better enjoyed with the little ones left at home.
3. The gift shop is worth a visit. Don’t miss the opportunity to browse the shelves filled with fine art and gorgeous glass birds.
4. The hotel’s terrace and fireplace is one of the most romantic spots in North Carolina’s Raleigh-Durham area. If you swing by for a cocktail on a cool autumn night, you may never want to leave.
5. It’s a nature lover’s paradise. The colors and textures inside make you feel like you’ve escaped to a luxurious wooded hideaway; the lush grounds outside prove that your escape is for real.