Ame, located inside The St. Regis Hotel in San Francisco, is a New American restaurant. The Forbes Travel Guide recommended restaurant serves dinner nightly and is popular with locals, as well as hotel guests. Before you dine here, here’s what you need to know:
1. Ame is a dinner-only restaurant. The meal is served from 6 to 9:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 5:30 to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday; and 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. on Sunday.
2. There is a bar area at the restaurant, but there is no separate bar menu. You are welcome to sit in the bar starting at noon, but a full dinner menu won’t be available until the dinner service starts.
3. Ame has an excellent wine and cocktail list. You’ll find sake, wine (a 500-bottle list) and cocktails organized by type, region and liquor. If you prefer to bring your own bottle of wine, Ame will charge you a $25 corkage fee.
4. Since Ame is located at The St. Regis, diners can make use of the hotel’s valet service. Show your dining receipt to the valet for a discounted rate of $15 for 3 hours.
5. Reserve the red table. Ame is known for its signature "red table" for eight, a square table tucked away in the far corner of the restaurant. It’s intimate but you’ll still have a view of the stunning, red, polished wall directly across from your table, creating clear views into the kitchen.
See All Answers