Here are five things you should know about top Shanghai dining destination Jing’An:
1. Jing’An is located in The PuLi Hotel and Spa, an “urban retreat” hotel with stunning, restrained design and eco-friendly architecture, including solar panels and automated sunshades.
2. The PuLi Hotel and Spa is located right by Jing’an Temple, a central tourist and shopping area in Shanghai with connections to two subway lines.
3. The executive chef at Jing’An, New Zealander Dane Clouston, previously headed Opia at Jia Hong Kong, the Philippe Starck-designed boutique hotel. During his tenure, Opia was selected as one of the top new restaurants in the world by Wallpaper magazine.
4. Jing’An serves contemporary Western cuisine using the finest ingredients and featuring chef Clouston’s signature dishes like duck liver parfait with pickled carrots and baby turbot with grilled leeks and young garlic.
5. The interior of Jing’An is subtly dazzling to the senses; it combines China’s ancient building stones with dark wood, Asian-inspired lamps and a bamboo-lined terrace behind the hotel.