Before you embark on a trip to good ole’ Vancouver, here are five things to note about Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver:
1. Incredible service. The luxury Vancouver hotel has helpful and friendly staff, but don’t expect to be overwhelmed. The service is discreet and seamless, starting with your in-room check-in.
2. Up in the air. Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver is 61 stories high, but the hotel takes up the first 15 floors (the rest is occupied by private residences).
3. Location, location, location. Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver is close to Vancouver’s most popular spots, including Robson Street, Stanley Park and the Granville Street entertainment district. It’s also steps away from many luxury stores, such as Burberry and Escada.
4. Asian-inspired. From the artwork to the staff uniforms to the flowers (orchids, to be exact), the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel exudes a strong Asian influence. Its urban-Zen atmosphere is a touch exotic, but not over-the-top.
5. Modern touches. From the bedside controls (yes, you can open and close your blinds without getting up) to the Espresso machines in each room, Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver has every modern convenience you could want.